Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

verdict after 1st week of PA - tired

This week marked my first week for my professional attachment at PwC Advisory. There are a total of 5 of us attached to this business unit. Trini and me are attached to the corporate finance (mergers & acquisition) side and Marge, Su Qi and Geraldine are attached to the transaction side IF I am not wrong. First day of work was kinda boring - lessons on ethnics, corporate values yada yada yada. The 5 of us were separated from the rest after lunch on the first day because we do not need to go thru' audit methodology!!!! Woohoo!!! The word "methodology" is synonymous to "dry and boring" in my dictionary man. But come to think of it, I should be most probably going to audit in my full time job next year. Sigghhhhh.... Can't escape.

Supervisor wasn't around for 3 days (out of 5 working days) so I was pretty much unobserved by him. *shrugs* The book prize ain't that important to me anyway. I was loaned an IBM laptop and there's internet access!!! *eyes sparkle* That can only mean 1 thing - I downloaded MSN 7.5 the first day I am in office. Hehehe... Pretty disappointed to find only PwC ppl only (yes... that include ppl from audit side). Where's eveyone? Dunch tell me you are not as slack as us. Bwahahahahahhaha...

Ok lah. Not really that slack. There's work to be done. The interesting about my department is that there's no peak or off-peak period. It all depends on the number of projects on-going at the moment in time and is pretty much ad-hoc basis. I worked on information gathering on a certain company *secret* and compiling data on it. It really feels like school again; going to bloomberg, searching osiris and thomson one banker, reading anaylst reports and annual reports etc... Ma-chiam like doing projects ok?!?!?! Somemore it's a one-man show project. Xiong can!?!?! (er... not really lah... in school most of the time also like that... sigh...) Anyway, the person who gave me the assignment say "don't worry. No dateline. Do as fast as you can". KNN. The next day he tell me to pass the work to him 1 hr before I knock off. Blardy hell... Luckily I finished my work 1 hr BEFORE he broke the news to me. Heng sia.....

Actually that person is not bad lah. Very friendly. Lent me his copy of chinese dictionary for accounting terms!!!!!! WOW!!! Now I know what is debit, credit, depreciation, expense, *hold your breath* tax sparing relief.... ALL IN CHINESE!!! cool!

Total amount of treats this week: 2 x tea. Not bad. Not as good as most ppl but I'm pretty ok. =)

Oh yah. I think most interns in PwC now had received a call from PwC offering us contracts to work there after we graduate. YAHOOOO!!! Hehe... Should I still go for the other big 3 interviews next week? Hmmm... Guess I will go ba. Can "eat-snake". Hehe...

Did anyone hear about the latest soccer news? Rooney scored 4 days and nistrelrooy scored 3 goals in a champions league match!!! Don't believe me? Come come. I show you on my laptop. Man U unbeaten for 20 league games as well. Ahhhhhhh.... football manager 2006 (to the girls - it's a game) is a better reflection of reality than reality itself. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home