Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

final paper tomoloooo....

Yup.. The whole torturous examinations will be over in 17hrs 30mins. Can't wait for it to end man. This had been a sucky sem. VERY sucky. Hmmm.. Have some events planned out after the examinations tomolo.... hee.... Most prob will kick off with shopping with wendee, ~Z~ and Dap. I haven get my clothes and stuff ready for my PA which starts on mon!!! Ahhhhhhh..... Good luck to ys and ningzz who are going for HSBC interview tomorrow. Good luck to JIT; have a wunderbul outing with tun-gia ya? =P Dun lao bak sai... hahhaha....

Watched a DVD yesterday called "what women want". Interesting (old) movie where this guy got this strange ability to hear what women think. I was like "WOW". That is one fantastic ability that guy had there. Haha... I want such an ability that can hear both what men and women think. I wonder how many ppl are thinking badly about me then. Sure got a lot. I ain't no saint. The list of things that I seek forgiveness and understanding is long and never-ending. Before you criticise about someone or even look down on someone, please review that list of yours first. Spoken words are easy to pour out but the effects of such words can be accumulative and hurting. Ok, so much for food for thought after watching the DVD.

Marky told me something yesterday: He said that Weng Soon (my 311 tutor) told him once that we should not compare in life. Otherwise, we will never be happy. I happen to disagree with Marky as that statement is too sweeping. I think we should compare in life; but to a certain extent. By benchmarking ourselves against some targets, we will be able to improve ourselves and not rest on our laurels. Of course, these targets must be reasonable; if not, we will be "unhappy" (in the words of Weng Soon). For example, when I compare my soccer skills to a target, I don't choose Ronaldinho, do I? Though our skills are arguably (i.e can argue for very long) the same, he is too far a target for me to choose. So I target someone like Huang Jie (sorry lah... use for example only ok?). His skills are exemplary and his dribbling is silky (Mine is somewhere there too. =P). Thus, by comparing to a certain extent, it's only beneficial to ourselves. I feel that without benchmarking, one will only stay stagnant in life. Oui?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home