Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Saturday, March 19, 2005

KPMG...

Attended a tea session hosted by KPMG at hyatt hotel today. Felt quite nervous cause it's quite a "da chang mian" to me, cause i'm a kampong boy. Felt dwarfed by the super smart ppl around me (ppl like ivan and huang jie) and of course, the numerous partners, directors of KPMG in the room. Not to mention that the soon-to-be MANAGING partner of KPMG was in the room also.

Had a tax partner and 2 audit partner on the same table as me (together with 4 other NTU students) and they were knowlegable and gave lots of advices. Was quite inspired after hearing them talk but I know that the journey up the ladder will be damn damn tough. There was a sort of Q&A session for the managing partner and the tax partner at my table prompt me twice to ask something so here goes me, standing up, taking over the mic, and prayed that I don't tremble, "Hi. I'm Simon. I would like to ask what is the differentiating quality between KPMG and the other 3 accounting firms?"

Haha... Hope no one noticed my trembling, or the super fast speed which I plonk back to my seat. The food was not bad but I didn't eat much. Cannot be that the partner is talking and I keep eating right? And the partners took turn to talk and eat amongst themselves and I end up eating 1 small chocolate brownie and 1 small slice of strawberry cheesecake.. sigh.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home