Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Saturday, February 12, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy new year to everyone!!! It's the 23rd neew year of my life! Wonder how many more am I going to see through..... Anyway, hope everyone had fun collecting ang baos and eating new year goodies!! :)

I went back to Malaysia on wednesday and thursday of the new year to visit some relatives there. They are my father's side and they stay in a small town called Rengam in Johor. Haha... So i'm actually a kampong kid ok? One who is in awe of the towering structures in Singapore... :) Anyone took a train ride b4? (Not MRT or LRT k... plsss... i'm refering to those old type of trains) It's quite cool to take a train ride but the coolness wore off after a while as the scenery never changed much throughout the journey....

Hmmm.... One incident that struck me in my short stay in Malaysia was this encounter with my grandma. She's quite old (I dunno the age) and she's senile. I do not really know she's senile until then. First of all, I do not understand Hakka and this was translated by my auntie (my grandma's daughter). Secondly, some background information: my grandma used to stay with my uncle in Choa Chu Kang and she used to look after his kid called X. I think she see him grow up and worry and think of him most of the time. Back to the story, this occured: She grabbed my hand and said in hakka, "Is there anyone taking care of you?" I was like quite shocked cause I do not know what she meant then my auntie was saying that she must have mistaken me as X. Then I was thinking... Doesn't that mean X was the last thing on her conscious mind before she went senile? Make me kind of sad. My counsin (3 yrs younger than me) cried after I mentioned that thought of mine to her.

I came back to Singapore early on Thursday. Oh yah, my luck is terribly bad nowadays... Played a bit of mahjong and blackjack and I lost everything on wednesday and thursday. Sigh... damn tired now... Going to sleep.. A backpile of work beckoning at me... :(

Enjoy what's left for the weekend!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home