Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Saturday, January 22, 2005

100%... and then some

Today we played against NUS Tempest floorball team. Though we lost, what seriously seriously gutted me was the way I played. I played like shit and I didn't get to play at all in the 3rd period (there's 3 periods in floorball, each period about 20mins). I was terribly disappointed with myself and guess what, the guilt pressured me to think about pulling out of the floorball team.... It hurts to be swept aside... It hurts to know that you can play well but the performance does not reflect that... It hurts to be made the scrapegoat....

This is why I henceforth resolve: I shall give in 100% and then some in whatever I do from now on (those I deem important to me). I shall not be swept aside through my inability to perform anymore...

100% and then some... I first heard this back in my Commando days. When I was a recruit, my officers and sergeants and trainers will drill this into our mind. For every set of push ups we do, we will do more than the required; when we run, we will always run 1 more round than said initially. Guess I have been too slack with myself...

I still feel very gutted.. Grrr......

Contemplating of upgrading my PC cause it's getting slow in performance. (Do I get an upgrade too since i'm slow in performace too?) Should consult with my frens....






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home