Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sleepless nights

I'm sure all of us had sleepless nights now and then due to excitement/fear of things that will be occuring tomorrow. You will yourself to sleep but to no avail and the wee hours are fought desperately between your body (which need to rest) and your mind (which refuses to stop working). In the end, most of the time, the body loses and you start the new day tired and drained.

I had sleepless nights...:

1. Before my PSLE
2. Before my first surgery (on my left ankle)
3. Before my 100m race in the national stadium representing my secondary school
4. Before donning NJC colors and playing for them for the first time
5. Before my enlistment (into 2.5yrs of slavery)
6. Before my first parachute jump (and the ones following)
7. Before my first date
8. Before my interview for my internship

and many others. I realised that all these events are major milestones in my life. Those that are filled so much with pride, happiness, fear, sorrow and nervousness that it is unlikely that I will ever forget them.

As I embark on my working career tomorrow (and leave my slacking lifestyle which I won't have a chance to have again for the next 30 years, hopefully), will this cause another sleepless night tonight? I wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home