Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Monday, November 08, 2004

Visit to TTSH

Just fetched my grandma to TTSH for a check up. Realised that I have not met her new maid. I went to my grandma's place in Bishan to accompany her to TTSH and this new maid opened the door. I dun know bahasa indonesia and she dun know much english, so after a moment of stun silence (she look at me, i look at her), she said "GO AWAY" haha... I tried to suppress my smile as I shouted "Po Po!!!" and she smiled after realising her mistake. Nvm... Forgiven.. Haha...

Upon reaching TTSH, my grandma don't want a wheelchair, so she walked agonising slowly with the support of my maid.. Not as if I minded the speed. Anyway, realised that the appointment is 18th Nov instead of 8th Nov. But the doctor rushed back to TTSH to attend to my grandma only. Haha.... Bought 2 months of supply of medicine. 1 big bag of medicine costing around $200. Wonder how can one person consume such a big bag of medicine. *shake head*

After that, my grandma treated me to chicken rice at a coffee shop near her house and forced me to to buy some pastries home. Haha... And she wanted me to take taxi home but i tell the uncle to drop me at Bishan Mrt.. Pocketed the $10.... Hmmm... Thought that the money can be put to better use than taking a taxi.

Hmmm.. Hospital can be quite scary. The seemingly never-ending corridors, the forbidding reception area, the fat matrons, the eternal waiting time to see a doctor, the smell of the disinfectant... Isn't it an irony that most of us are born in a hospital and most of us will end our life in a hospital? Hmmm... Throughout the whole journey also never talk much to my grandma. She know Hokkien and little chinese, I know chinese and a little Hokkien. Total communication breakdown.... Sigh....

One last paper to go... The last battle for this year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home