Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Sunday, September 04, 2005

a rather serious blog

Today, we shall discuss a totally irrelevant topic of what song to put on my blog. I like "gravity" but I guess it's time to change a new song. Hmmm... I've discarded techno and trance and songs with similiar traits immediately as it will put off any readers. I think I am more afraid of the backlash when I view my own blog with my volume accidentally maxed out. Imagine the chaos that will ensue in my neighborhood.

Talking about chaos, it must be very chaotic in USA right now due to the natural disaster. But what saddened me was the total exposure of the flawed concept of civilization. Looting incidents (I don't blame some of them as it was an act of desperation but NOT those who wan to profit from the natural accident. There's this picture I saw somewhere in which there's these 2 guys driving away with their truck filled with nothing but beer and cigarettes. Hope they have a good time drinking and smoking. Hope they choke to death. ) are rampant but the worst is the numerous incidents of rape and/or murder reported. A survivor said that the women have to go to the toilet with a man for fear of being raped. Another eyewitness mentioned that they found a young girl raped and murdered in a bathroom and the man who is responsible was beaten to death by people who found out the incident.

All these highlight one thing. Law and order is a concept that must be enforced. Without enforcement, there will always be individuals and/or groups who will operate to seize the opportunity to live beyond the boundary of generally accepted definition of civilization. Perhaps there is a demon in all Man that is suppressed throughout the centuries through the concept of law and enforcement and this demon is unleashed now and then. I do not know how many of victims are going to see justice being served but I will feel that any "justice" will be hollow. The experience of losing someone and/or the trauma of the whole experience is something that even seeing the culprit being jailed for 50 years can never be erased. My heart goes out to everyone who is injured or killed by the unfortunate accident.

Er… So far very serious is it? Okok… Oh yah, my original topic was what song to choose to put on my blog. My sis had recently acquired some mp3s of the songs that were sung at the recent superstar (which is a program I didn’t watch at all). The songs not bad lah. Will put one of them for all to enjoy.

Hehe… Just caught up on the naruto anime! Started from episode 1 about 2 months ago and managed to watch episode 150 today!!! Can’t wait for 151 to come out. Heh.. Thanks to Pingwen and Hanwei who got me watching Naruto. =)

Sigh… No news about my professional attachment or my scholarship applications. Sigh… So sad… Dun think I will get any of them. .. Sad sad…

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger ~Z~ said…

    Don't like that ma... wait Monday...
    I daresay you'll at least get an interview ya? Mr WonG?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home