Nomis's Thoughts

Random mumblings about Life Email: simonwong1982@yahoo.com.sg Msn: simon_wjr7@hotmail.com =)

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Memories - a fragile thing

In school now cause need to format my laptop as well as floorball training later and guess who I saw… Xueren, DL, Yandao Goh and Yunru!!! Wah lau… Plan for convo trip come school plan, other students doing projects leh. Hehe... What an evil idea, must be xueren’s idea.

Don’t know what’s wrong with Ivan and I guess he will not divulge whatever had happened to him. No matter what, optimism and faith wins cynicism anytime. The world might seem bleak but if one does not master the bleakness and search for the silver lining, he/she will only be consumed by the darkness. I do not know what is worse: a bleak world full of enemies or a bleak world with pockets of friends. Just my 1 cent’s worth. Might not be correct. I’m seldom correct anyway.

Met up with Alvin Chan and Ivan Tan yesterday for a game of badminton at Bishan. Can say that they are the remnants of my JC class who still keep in touch. Nothing has changed much. The short one remained short, the fat one remained fat. =P Went back to NJC with Alvin after the game for lunch. Nostalgic swept over me as his car entered the NJC compound. The parade square is still there, the container where I had my maths class is still there, the canteen dessert stall aunty is still there… Ah… The days when I was back as an NJC student.

JC1 was a flop for me. Out of 4 subjects, I failed 2 at the end of the year and was forced to drop Further Maths. That episode was really the pit for my academic journey. The saving grace was that I discovered Hockey and it transformed me from a flabby boy to a trim and tanned boy. Haha… The days of “poning” school, playing cards in school compound, evading discipline master. Haha… Days which went by and left unappreciated then came flooding back.

So.

Treasure the memories. As we aged and grow, some of these memories can only fade away and be forgotten. So let’s enjoy those memories while we still remember them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home